The current competitive environment creates constant pressure to optimize logistics costs. After the implementation of various optimization methods, automation of the logistics process seems to be another suitable solution.
You have also found yourself in a situation where:
- Are you considering automated logistics but have no experience with AMR technology yet?
- Not sure if AMR will work in your conditions?
- Did you not find a suitable (simple, economically acceptable) solution for transporting pallets with material?
- Have you not seen obstacles by autonomous mobile robots bypassing them in real working conditions?
- Or do you just want to try AMR technology?
If you answered YES to at least one question, you have the opportunity to test AMR technology in a pilot project directly in your operating conditions. And all this without a large investment.
Usually, the AMR pilot project is implemented as follows:
- Selection of a logistics task for an AMR robot
- Defining the workflow of an AMR robot
- Specification of AMR pilot project parameters
- Launch of the AMR pilot project
Selection of a logistics task for an AMR robot
The optimization of logistics processes is carried out mainly with a focus on cost savings. AMR mobile robots can be an effective solution but must be implemented correctly. Once they are deployed, they need to be used as effectively as possible. What tasks can AMR mobile robots perform? Here are some inspirations – the tasks that an AMR mobile robot can perform:
- Pallet removal with products
- Bring an empty pallet
- Material delivery
- Transport of samples for measurement
- Removal of production waste
- Removal of empty packaging
- Transport of preparations, tools
Defining the workflow of an AMR robot
Usually the implementation of the logistics task in real operation takes place as follows:
- The operator sends a request to the AMR control system using the call system.
- The AMR control system automatically sends an AMR to the mobile robot to perform the task.
- The AMR mobile robot completes the task, moves to the automatic charger and waits for the next task to be assigned.
It looks simple and in fact it is. All you have to do is select a suitable logistics project, deploy an AMR mobile robot and start operations. If this seems incredible to you, try the AMR pilot project. You choose a suitable process, we will provide you with an AMR mobile robot, ensure installation and you can test directly in your plant.
Specification of AMR pilot project parameters
Under the term parameters of the AMR pilot project we understand its scope. The scope is determined by more information. The number of loading places at which the load is to be loaded. Furthermore, the number of unloading points at which the cargo is to be unloaded. Furthermore, the distance of these places resp. the length of the circuit to be implemented by the AMR. Furthermore, the scope of the project is determined by the duration – the time during which AMR technology is tested in the operating conditions of the applicant. The usual parameters of the pilot project are as follows:
- Number of AMR devices: 1 pc
- Project duration: 14 days
- Number of loading places: 2 *
- Number of unloading places: 2 *
- Circuit length: approx. 500 m
Every investment in new technology must be well considered. These can be more costly solutions. For this reason, we offer the opportunity to test AMR technology before purchasing it in the form of an AMR pilot project. During two weeks, you can test AMR technology in your premises.
Launch of the AMR pilot project
After defining the conditions of the AMR pilot project, it is enough to select a date for the AMR pilot project and start testing. The benefits of the AMR pilot project are significant and are best confirmed by those who have already tried the AMR pilot project. They also gave us this feedback:
- We could try exceptional technology, normally unavailable
- The automation of the logistics process itself took essentially several hours
- We didn’t have to make any changes in the operation, no technical adjustments
- The AMR robot is small, compact and able to work even in confined spaces
- The AMR robot is autonomous, after setup it was able to work without operator intervention
- Flexible solution – the operator could assign various tasks to the AMR robot
- Our people were able to work with the AMR control system after a quick training.
- The AMR robot was able to solve even non-standard situations – it bypassed an obstacle on the track
- We have convinced ourselves that AMR technology is safe
- Thanks to the AMR pilot project, it was easier for us to think about other suitable areas for the use of this technology
If you are interested in the implementation of the AMR pilot project, please contact us by e-mail (email@example.com) or by phone (+421 902 330 127).
We also draw attention to the possibility of non-binding reservation of the AMR pilot project date via the online inquiry form (Online Inquiry – Automation Innovation). Booking a date does not bind you to anything, so you can do it before the official approval of the AMR pilot project. If, for some reason, the pilot project is not implemented, it will have no impact on you. We will release the date for other interested parties. However, booking a date will ensure that the AMR pilot project is implemented on the date that suits you best. We recommend using this option.